|Application deadline:||any time of the year|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MBA Tourism Management at Trinity is a focused postgraduate course aimed at tourism professionals.Through a combination of taught modules, work placement or work based learning, and dissertation students develop skills and knowledge which can be directly applied within the workplace.
The main educational aims of the programme are:
* to enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development to enable students to work with self direction, originality and to contribute to business and society at large;
* to enable students to undertake advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate;
* to develop students´ ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practices;
* to enhance students´ transferable skills of research, interpretation, critical evaluation and their ability to turn theory into practice;
* to develop students´ intellectual skills, including critical reasoning, analysis, creativity and reflection;
* to prepare students for a career or career development in business and management by developing professional skills;
* to prepare students for research or further study in the field of business and management;
* to develop master's level knowledge and skills in business and management subjects to enhance students´ employability and the utility of their first discipline;
* to provide a detailed understanding of the nature of tourism within a regional, national and international perspective;
* to maximise local linkages and partnerships to provide students with the experience of a wide range of tourism organisations and projects;
* to enable students to undertake advanced study of tourism organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
The course comprises the following modules:
* Tourism Contexts
* Managing Tourism Organisations
* Human Resource Management
* Client Management
* Strategic Management
* Financial Management
* Research Methods
Assessment is by coursework and involves a range of formats such as essays, reports, financial tasks, work placement reflection and presentations. On a full time basis the course runs, on a 1 day a week intensive basis, so it is suitable for day release - Terms are as follows:
Term 1 - October to December (4 taught modules)
Term 2 - January to March (4 taught modules)
Term 3 - April to June (work based learning)
Following successful completion of the taught modules students will be able to embark on the dissertation, which is an independent piece of research of 20,000 words.
A good standard of education and a first degree in a relevant subject is usually required for entry to a Master´s programme.
International students applying for study at postgraduate level will normally be required to show evidence of sufficient command of the English language to be able to follow their course, undertake research and produce writing without major linguistic difficulties. For example, this is usually the Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency Certificate, IELTS minimum score of 6.5, TOEFL minimum score of 575.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!