|Application deadline:||Deadline for applicants: 1st application period; August 25th, 2nd application period: September 21st; Enrollment: September 30th 2014. More at: http://www.um.si/en/Study/about/Pages/Call-for-application-into-Postgraduate-Study-Programmes-of-UM-14-15.aspx|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Track Nursing Care under the masters (2nd-cycle) programme Nursing Care
allows vertical upgrading of undergaduate study program Nursing Care (1st cycle) and enables students to consolidate and build on already gained competences for the development of practice, education and research in nursing care.
The basic aims are:
- To develope and extend the knowledge, skills, standpoints, and professional values which students develop throughout the undergraduate study programme and hence it results from their experiences and clinical practice.
- Qualifying for independent new knowledge resources search in both the scientific and professional field.
- Qualifying for using the up to date scientific research methods including the up to date biometrics and analytical procedures, in predictive, new and flexible environments.
- Qualifying for independent researching in different fields of nursing care.
- Qualifying for taking over the responsibilities for managing the most pretentious systems, which extent, define or are connected to some specific fields of nursing care.
- To develop independent critical thinking about problems in nursing care in the process of globalization and specialization along the new trends in health care.
Among general competences of the study programme Nursing Care the following competences are especially exposed Ethical reflexion and consideration of professional ethics, integration of organizational knowledge for the support of successful management decisions, planning and control over performed nursing activities, use of Scientific research methods for research in the field of nursing care and to develop independent and responsible leadership and connection of team work.
Track Emergency Situations In Health Care under the masters (2nd-cycle) programme Nursing Care
The purpose of study programme Emergency Situations in Health Care is to provide students with opportunities for developing their knowledge, understanding and skills in a very specialized area of clinical practice and also their critical awareness of current issues relevant to nursing practice.
Students will develop competences which will enable them to work effectively in teams and to make partially independent decisions concerning the critically ill and severely injured patients in the pre-hospital (ambulance unit, motorist rescuer, helicopter emergency medical service unit) and hospital environment (emergency department, intensive departments and intensive care). Students will develop abilities to work in complex and unpredictable situations, to provide independent treatment of complex technical issues, to discuss and critical assess emergency situations, to do high quality and reliable early triage of patients and injured persons in the field and in emergency centers with good knowledge of rating scales and the emergency diagnosis procedures, and to participate in the therapeutic actions on the ground and in the emergency centeres.
TRACK NURSING CARE
YEAR 1: The syllabus for 1st year consists of five required and four elective courses. The winter semester consists of four required courses. The summer semester consists of one required course and two elective courses which the student chooses from the four offered elective courses. Altogether, the student collects 60 ECTS.
REQUIRED COURSES:Research and Research Methodology, Theories, Concepts and Practice of Nursing, Evidence Based Nursing, Ethics, Philosophy and Science in Health Care, Health Promotion and Primary Health Care
ELECTIVE COURSES:Management and economics in health care, Social, psychological and law questions in nursing care, Education with the basis of andragogics, Importance of nutrition for health protection and prevention
YEAR 2:The syllabus for the 2nd year consists of ten elective courses. In the winter semester, the student takes two elective courses of 15 ECTS each. In total, the student acquires 30 ECTS. In the summer semester the student takes one elective course of 15 ECTS and writes a master thesis of 15 ECTS.
WINTER SEMESTER: Perioperative nursing care, Public health, Quality and safety in health and nursing care, Informatics in health and nursing care, Specific ergonomic approaches in health care and nursing,
SUMMER SEMESTER: Gerontological nursing care, Community nursing care, Simulations in health and nursing care, Planning and running the projects, Logistics in health care and nursing
TRACK EMERGENCY SITUATIONS IN HEALTH CARE
YEAR 1: The syllabus for 1st year consists of Ssix required and four elective courses. The winter semester consists of four required courses. The summer semester consists of two required course and two elective courses which the student chooses from the four offered elective courses. Altogether, the student collects 60 ECTS.
REQUIRED COURSES: Research and Research Methodology, Theories, Concepts and Practice of Nursing, Evidence Based Nursing, Disaster Management, Clinical pathophysiology in emergency medicine, Monitoring and maintenance of critically ills vital functions
ELECTIVE COURSES: Emergency Triage, Medical Dispatching, Technology in Emergency Care, Selected ethical topics in emergency nursing
The syllabus for 2nd year consists of three required and three elective courses and master work. The winter semester consists of three required courses. The summer semester consists of three elective courses which the student chooses from the five offered elective courses and writes a master thesis of 15 ECTS. Altogether, the student collects 60 ECTS.
REQUIRED COURSES: Medical and surgical emergencies, Pharmacology, toxicology and therapeutic interventions, Simulation in emergency medicine
ELECTIVE COURSES:Emergency Situations in Paediatrics, Emergencies in Pain Management and Palliative Care, Effective communication and coping in special working circumstances, Emergency situations in medical intensive care, Emergency situations in surgical intensive care
Candidates who completed the following may apply for the master's (2nd cycle) programme:
* A bachelors (1st cycle) programme in the field of health (72)
* A bachelors vocational programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 in the field of health (72)
* An undergraduate programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 in the field of health (72). These candidates are typically awarded 60 ECTS credits and may enrol in the second year provided they satisfy the transfer criteria laid down in the accredited degree programme.
* A bachelors vocational programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 and a specialisation programme adopted prior to 11 June 2004 in the field of health (72). These candidates are typically awarded 60 ECTS credits and may enrol in the second year provided they satisfy the transfer criteria laid down in the accredited degree programme.
In order to be admitted to the track Medical Emergencies, candidates must possess three years of work experience in the field of nursing care, which is demonstrated by a certificate of employment.
The study programme has been accredited by the Slovene National Agency of Quality Assurance.