Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Graduate Diploma in Education (Languages) is a one-year full-time initial teacher education programme designed to meet the needs of graduates who wish to become post-primary teachers of two of the following languages: English as a second language, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. The programme is offered by the Department of Education and Professional Studies with the Department of Languages and Cultural Studies
* To provide graduates with a professional qualification in language teaching and to promote the development of students as effective and reflective teachers
* To develop students' understanding of the language-learning process and associated pedagogies
* To provide students with experience of the application of technologies in language learning
* To develop further students' language skills in their chosen language(s), with particular reference to teaching through the target languages and the use of the target language in classroom management
* To develop further students' understanding of socio-cultural aspects of language learning and teaching
Graduates of the programme will be eligible to be employed as teachers of both languages in second-level schools.
Preparation for Teaching Practice 1, Preparation for Teaching Practice 2, Language Studies 1, Language Pedagogy, Teaching Practice 1.
Curriculum Studies, Education Policy Issues, School-based Enquiry (Professional Practice), Language Studies 2, Teaching Practice 2.
An Honours degree (2.2 or above) in a relevant discipline. An interview in the proposed languages to be studied will be a requirement.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
As all international students are required to possess sufficient language skills to attend lectures and sit examinations at the University of Limerick, students should be competent to communicate through the medium of English prior to their arrival. Students must have a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213(computer based) 80 (internet based) in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score in the range of 6.5-7 and not less than 6.0 in any one component.
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||213|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.