Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Call for applications has been published on May 31st; Deadline for applicants: September 2nd; Enrollment: September 30th 2013. More at: http://www.um.si/en/Study/about/Pages/Call-for-application-in-Postgraduate-Study-Programmes-of-UM-13_14.aspx|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
The aim of the study programme Agricultural Economics is to qualify experts with key knowledge in agricultural economics and related disciplines. Two different profiles of experts are expected by choosing two sets of courses: Management and Marketing in Agriculture and Rural Development. The experts might participate at different levels of decision making in agricultural and food sector, whether in business environment, in public administration or the continuation of academic career. One of the basic aims of the study programme is also to qualify the students to individual research work. The most successful students may continue their studies to Ph.D. level, where the skills and knowledge of postgraduate study programme will be deepened and the science research profile of the expert is moulded.
Types of study units in semester 1:
* Theoretical and empirical analysis in agricultural economicsØ Basic research methods in farm management
* Economics and marketing in agri-food chain
* Organic farm management
* Production systems and sustainable development
Types of study units in the 2nd semester
1. Block of subjects:
* Management and marketing in agri-food chain
* Decision theory
* Theory of Systems
* Information systems in agriculture
* Project planning and quality management
* Research methods in marketing of agri-food chain
* Individual project work on selected topic
2. Block of subjects:
* Agricultural Policy and Rural Development
* Agricultural policy
* Rural areas and natural resources
* Regional land planning
* Rural sociology
* International agricultural and food markets
* Individual project work on selected topic
Types of study units in the 3rd semester
* Project Paper - Literature
* Project Paper - Methodology
Types of study units in the 4th semester
* Research work and Master thesis
Admission to the AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS Master Study Programme (2nd Cycle) is permitted to candidates who have completed:
- 1st Cycle Study Programme from appropriate professional fields: agriculture and biotechnical sciences, organizational sciences, business and administration, economics, social sciences, law and informatics.
- 1st Cycle Study Programme from other related professional fields on condition that a candidate has fulfilled additional study obligations arising from the university study programme of Agriculture and higher professional study programmes of Management in Agrifood Chain and Rural Development. The following exams comprising 30 credits have to be passed: mathematics, statistics, farm management, marketing in agri-food chain, fundamentals of agricultural economics and management;
- higher education professional study programme accredited before 11.06.2004 from appropriate professional fields: agriculture and biotechnical sciences, organizational sciences, business and administration, economics, social sciences, law and informatics.
- higher professional study programme accredited before 11.06.2004 from other related professional fields on condition that a candidate has fulfilled additional study obligations arising from the university study programme of Agriculture and higher professional study programmes of Management in Agrifood Chain and Rural Development. The following exams comprising 30 credits have to be passed: mathematics, statistics, farm management, marketing in agri-food chain, fundamentals of agricultural economics and management.
Working language of course is Slovenian. For candidates whose native language is not Slovenian, the language of the course and during research work will be English. Every student is assigned a personal mentor from the teaching staff. Exams are either held in English or Slovenian language, as preferred by the student. Students can write their Master thesis in English or in Slovenian. The aim of the Master thesis is to show ability for independently work on a problem of the subject-area by applying scientific methods.
Successful completion of Master study programme (180 ECTS) leads to the Master degree (Master of Science). The degree qualifies for PhD studies.
In the case of enrolment limitation, the candidates will be chosen according to the candidate's grade at the diploma (20%) and average grade points attained within the study programme (80%).
The study programme has been accredited by the Slovene National Agency of Quality Assurance.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.