|Application deadline:||winter semester only: June 15th, all applicants|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The flexible modular structure of this Masters programme is ideally suited for students with applied and/or research-oriented interests. Apart from the basic compulsory modules, it facilitates a high degree of specialisation, in conformity with individual abilities and interests.
The Masters programme in Economics provides qualified students the opportunity of Double-Master-Programs. In this degree programs you can choose between several partner universities.
The programme conveys basic knowledge about most recent theoretical and empirical approaches in economics. Based on a Bachelors programme, it offers the possibility of further specialisation. Students of this Masters programme acquire a profound comprehension of the coherencies between economic, social and political processes. They learn how to apply scientific methods and findings and can therefore work in diverse occupational fields.
The standard period of study of this full-time Masters programme is 2 years. It consists of the basic master studies, special fields chosen in the majors and the Masters thesis.
The basic Masters studies deal with theoretical and methodological fundamentals in the field of economics. Based on this knowledge, they study the two majors 'Macroeconomic Theory and Policy' and 'Microeconomic Theory and Policy', each consisting of two components, as well as 2 seminars in these fields. The profile is rounded off by one or two minors (depending on the complexity) from a wide range of courses in economics, business studies or social sciences.
The following double Masters degree programmes are available in the framework of the M.Sc. in Economics:
University of Liège, Belgium, Degree: Master in Economics
- Specialization in Economic Analysis and Public Governance
- Specialization in Economics and Finance
The programme can be studied fully in English. Language skills in German and French are an asset but no prerequisite.
University of Pavia, Italy, Degree: Laurea Magistrale in Economics, Finance and International Integration,
- Specialisation: Industrial Organization and Market Strategies
- Specialization: Finance
- Specialization: International Economics Integration
The programme can be studied fully in English. Language skills in German and Italian are an asset but no prerequisite.
* Bachelor's degree in economics with a standard period of study of at least three years,
* in a three years university programme in the field of economics in Germany,
* in a university programme at an international university with a Bachelor's degree of at least three years in management and/or economics or
* in a programme related to economics
* or an equivalent degree
* Proof of English language skills (B2 level)
* Proof of German language skills (for international prospective students)