|Application deadline:||winter semester only: June 15th, all applicants|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The study programme is outstanding due to the variety of subjects that can be chosen. Next to four compulsory (basic) modules the students choose six subjects according to their individual preferences and gain well founded knowledge in theoretical and empirical Economics.
The Masters programme in Economics provides qualified students the opportunity of doing Double-Masters programmes. In these degree programmes you can choose between several partner universities in the HERMES network. The advantages:
* You obtain two Masters degrees in the standard period of study
* You strengthen your language skills, and
* You improve your chances on the job market.
You may apply for the Double Masters programme together with the Economics Masters programme. Please read the information on the application procedure for more details.The programme conveys basic knowledge about the most recent theoretical and empirical approaches in economics. Based on a Bachelors programme, it offers the possibility of further specialization. Students of this Masters programme acquire a profound comprehension of the coherencies between economic, social, and political processes. They learn how to apply scientific methods and findings and can therefore work in diverse occupational fields. With this Masters programme, we prepare you for research and management, for the private sector and science.
The standard period of study of this full-time Masters programme is 2 years. It consists of the basic Masters studies, special fields chosen in the majors and the Masters thesis.
The basic Masters studies deal with theoretical and methodological fundamentals in the field of economics. Based on this knowledge, students study the two majors Macroeconomic Theory and Policyand Microeconomic Theory and Policy, each consisting of two components, as well as two seminars in these fields. The profile is rounded off by two minors from a wide range of courses in economics, business studies, or social sciences.
Students complete their studies with the Masters thesis. This is usually completed in the fourth semester. The students have three months to write this thesis independently and according to current scientific methods.Module structure
The following double Masters degree programmes are available in the framework of the M.Sc. in Economics:
University of Liège, Belgium, Degree: Master in Economics
- Specialization in Economic Analysis and Public Governance
- Specialization in Economics and Finance
The programme can be studied fully in English. Language skills in German and French are an asset but no prerequisite.
University of Pavia, Italy, Degree: Laurea Magistrale in Economics, Finance and International Integration,
- Specialisation: Industrial Organization and Market Strategies
- Specialization: Finance
- Specialization: International Economics Integration
The programme can be studied fully in English. Language skills in German and Italian are an asset but no prerequisite.
* Bachelor's degree in economics with a standard period of study of at least three years,
* in a three years university programme in the field of economics in Germany,
* in a university programme at an international university with a Bachelor's degree of at least three years in management and/or economics or
* in a programme related to economics
* or an equivalent degree
* Proof of English language skills (B2 level)
* Proof of German language skills (for international prospective students)