A modern and dynamic university
• Founded in 2003
• Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, doctoral studies
• Suiting the needs of the employment market
• Valuing Europe
• An academic staff of more than 230 professors and lecturers
• Supported by more than 730 professional experts
• Research centered
• High quality equipment, Wifi on campus
• Close ties to society and the business world
• Only two hours drive to Brussels, Cologne, Strasbourg …
• Next to the European Institutions
• Next to the financial centre Luxembourg
• Using English, French, German
• Generally, bilingual degrees (usually French / English
or French / German) and degrees taught entirely in English
• Students originating from 107 countries
• Lecturers originating from almost 25 countries
• Foreign language courses for students
• Working with international networks
• No difference in tuition fees for foreign students
• One semester abroad compulsory for Bachelor students
• About 60 partner universities worldwide
• Assistance with your search for a partner university
• About 6160 students
• Lecturers within reach
• Tutoring for the majority of 1st year Bachelor students
• Small working groups
The University of Luxembourg, founded in 2003, is a multilingual, internationally oriented research university. It offers a very special framework to students and researchers alike, thanks to the proximity of the institutions of the European Union, the Luxembourg financial centre and the attractive national job market, but also thanks to the outstanding multilingual situation of the Grand Duchy.
The multicultural flair of the country is an experience lived each day on campus. Students come from around 107 different countries, lecturers from 25. Furthermore, there are exchange agreements with over 60 universities around the world. Whether it be English-French or German-French, many degree programmes are bilingual. Several Master’s degrees taught exclusively in English are also on offer.
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international, multilingual and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and becomes an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University’s core asset is its well connected academic staff which attracts motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The University of Luxembourg, a small-sized institution with an international reach, aims at excellence in research and education. In a reduced number of research fields identified by its successive strategic plans, its ambition is to be among the world's top universities. The University intends to be innovative, centred on research, primarily interested in the quality of the structure it offers to its students, its teachers and its researchers and attentive to the needs of the society around it. It contributes to turning out discerning and independent personalities with strong potential for action in research, innovation and in society.
The University of Luxembourg has residences in different areas of the City of Luxembourg , of Esch-sur-Alzette and of Mondercange that offers residents best housing, and working conditions as well as a multicultural environment, to improve the quality of their life in our country and help them complete their studies successfully.
Who can apply online for housing?
Your University has to offer much more than just knowledge.
We can offer you good shape, good mood and good trainers, and what is most important, it is free of charge.
Participate in one or several sport activities and retain your energy and strength!
SEVE and the sports trainers of the University of Luxembourg have organised following activities for you
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master at University of Luxembourg!