* Largest teaching pole in Management in Western France
* 1200 full time students, and 250 part-time and vocational trainees
* Over 400 partner companies
* An alumni network of 14 000 past students (the IGR Club)
* Highly qualified faculty: a team of 60 permanent research tutors and 250 professional guests
* 24 visiting foreign professors per year
* Over 40 partner universities all over the world (60% of students at M1 level study abroad for one semester or the year)
* Member since 1955 of the 1st French network of teaching and research in Management: the IAE network
* A comprehensive and consistent offer of educational training
* Teaching at the cutting-edge of management research, Innovative teaching methods
* Strong ties with companies
* Strong international focus (15 to 20 % of students are international students)
* The specificity of the English-taught Master 2 programs is the importance of French as a Foreign language, with 300 hours of classes throughout the year: Students sit a French proficiency test at the beginning of September. Results place students in classes corresponding to their level: beginner, intermediate or advanced. Homogeneous groups will then be formed, preparing students for the national French examinations, the DELF, to be held at the end of the academic year. The French courses are also designed for a better integration in the student life in IGR-IAE, and a better understanding of the French culture and environment.
The University of Rennes 1s Graduate School of Management is the largest Business Administration and Management teaching pole in the Western part of France. The School is a founding member of the national network of University Business Schools, the IAE Network, which comprises 31 select members throughout France. It is divided into three main departments: The Graduate School of Management, The Franco-Japanese Center of Management (CFJM) and The Regional School of Training for Chartered Accountants (IRPEC).
Research programs are supported by the Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), the only research center in Economics and Management in the west of France, accredited by the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). The CREMs main aim is to develop analyses, conduct experiments and simulations in Business, Finance, Management and Marketing, among other fields.
The University Graduate School contributes towards the development of European studies in Management Science and is an active member of the Academic Council of the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), and of the Steering Committee of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
IGR-IAE has obtained the SGS Qualicert certification each year since 2006.
IGR-IAE contributes towards the development of European studies in Management Science and is an active member of the Academic Council of the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM),
IGR-IAE is an active member of the Steering Committee of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
IGR-IAE is located next to downtown Rennes, next to Rennes Law School. A human scale building with all the essential facilities among which
* a library offering computerized holdings over 9,000 French and foreign books, 300 magazine subscriptions, but also theses, activity books and Research reports written by IGR students and scholars. Connected to the Common Documentation Service of the University of Rennes, it provides access to many databases, all of which are academic, financial, sectorial (Factiva, Business Source Complete Blackwell Synergy, Springerlink, Wiley Interscience ...). A research space is especially dedicated to graduate students and faculty. It allows the consultation of research journals, research papers and doctorate level articles. Students have the opportunity to visit most of these databases from any computer connected to the Internet via the ENT (Digital Work Environment).
* computer rooms
* a cafeteria for light meals, snack, beverages
* a public student restaurant is located next to IGR.
* accommodation: thanks to a partnership between the University of Rennes 1 and the CROUS (state-run student welfare organization), we can offer to all the students the possibility to be accommodated in one of the student residence.
Services offered to students include:
* internship office, with two IGR employees fully dedicated to all the aspects of internship and job placement search and administrative issues;
* CLUB IGR: the alumni network of former IGR students, offering job offers, organizes conferences and meetings.
* Tell Me More online language learning software is offered to most students. This is one of the services offered by the Fondation IGR
* international office, with two fully dedicated staff, dealing with all the aspects of students applications, and individualized help throughout the year.
Rennes, Frances tenth largest city, is just the right size for citizens and visitors alike to feel at home.
Rennes is regularly in the «top ten» when it comes to places where people want to live, and is famous throughout France for its vibrant arts and entertainment scene. It is also known for its academic environment, with a dense network of universities, «Grandes Écoles», research laboratories, and R&D centers. The citys thriving economy goes hand in hand with its role as a political, judicial and administrative hub.
Rennes can also boast a rich and varied historical heritage going back thousands of years. As befits Brittanys historic «capital» city, Rennes development has always been closely linked to that of Brittany itself, a region with a strong identity, full of tradition, history and legends. Brittany attracts over 12 million visitors annually and is the second most visited region in France.
Community life at IGR-IAE is its real "trademark". More than 300 students each year engage in one of the fifteen associations or so, in order for instance to organize mock job interviews with professionals, conduct a market survey at a companys request, prepare the student orientation weekend, to raise funds for a school in Madagascar, organize the yearly IGR-IAEs graduation ceremony dinner. All these actions illustrate the richness and diversity of IGR-IAEs associations, federated BDE (the student union).
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at IAE Rennes!