Bath, United Kingdom
* Voted Sunday Times University of the Year 2011-2012, Bath is a medium-sized and safe campus university with a friendly and collegial feel only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath. We are a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
* We offer a wide range of single and joint honours courses in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management. Many of ours courses have sandwich placements and study abroad opportunities, and are applied and focused on the real world. Furthermore employability is high- our graduates are more likely to be employed in professional jobs and earn more than the national graduate average
* The University has a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries as well as a strong support network including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counseling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support
* All new first-year students are guaranteed accommodation and on campus there is a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre with free access to email and internet.
* The outstanding sports facilities are available for use by all students and include an Olympic size swimming pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, all weather pitches and athletics track, a wide range of clubs and societies, instruction and tuition and free use of many of the facilities
* The Institute of Contemporary Interdisciplinary Arts (ICIA) on campus also offers a range of programmes such as regular performances, exhibitions and concerts, dance, theatre, music and art workshops and classes, subsidised music lessons, ticket discounts for students and free practice facilities.
The University of Bath ranks highly in the league tables of UK universities published by a number of national newspapers, including the Times, Independent and Guardian. This year the Sunday Times has awarded us the title of University of The Year 2011-2012.
Our research is internationally respected, and our students are in demand by employers because of the high quality of the teaching offered here.
The University has had close connections with industry and the public and voluntary sectors since its inception in 1966. It has developed strong links with universities abroad.
The University's buildings are set in an attractive campus about a mile from the centre of Bath, a World Heritage City. It is a safe and friendly campus with strong student services and good social opportunities. Its sports facilities are first-class.
The Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences comprises six departments:
* Politics, Languages & International Studies
* Social & Policy Sciences
Students that study with us benefit from the strong interdisciplinary research collaboration between our departments. We currently support the largest student intake at the University, with:
* over 3,000 undergraduate students
* 1,500 postgraduate taught students
* 350 research students
* Sunday Times University of the Year 2011/12
* 60% of our students undertake a work placement as part of their degree
* Most recent completion rate for full time undergraduates: 89.3%
* Last year 86% of our graduates went into employment or further study
The campus has excellent places to eat, drink and socialise and play sport. Facilities include two food shops, a bookshop, post office, the Students' Union shop, two banks, a travel agent and a state of the art Sports Training Village.
Our newly built £5.5 million Student Centre is home to the Students' Union and is a great place to meet, eat, drink and relax with friends. The union bar, Plug and nightclub, The Tub arrange a variety of events including club nights, live bands, karaoke, comedy and much more. Furthermore there are over 100 clubs and societies to get involved in, including sports clubs and cultural and special interest societies - all supported by the Bath University Students Union.
On campus there is also Joblink, an on-campus employment service, which can help you to find part-time work whilst studying, the Advice and Representation Centre which offers information, advice and representation on all academic and welfare issues, the Volunteer Centre and the Careers Advisory Service which has links to over 4,000 employers and helps students to improve their prospects
We also have a 24 hour Library (one of the only in the country) and Learning Centre.
Our welcoming campus is safe and friendly, with outstanding arts facilities and first-class sports facilities. It provides a real feeling of community for those living, working and studying here.
We're one of the safest campus sites in the UK and are the first university in the country to win a national police approved security award.
The World Heritage City of Bath itself is one of the most interesting, elegant and vibrant cities in the UK. It is known for its many beautiful buildings and the natural hot springs which gave the city its name.
Bath is home to several excellent museums and galleries, and hosts various arts festivals throughout the year.
There are numerous restaurants, cafés and pubs and a great range of shopping with high street stores, small specialist shops and a flea market.
The city offers many enjoyable outdoor activities. You can take a boat trip on the River Avon, relax in one of the delightful parks or make use of the superb sports facilities.
Bath is surrounded by magnificent countryside and interesting places. Stonehenge, Salisbury, Wells, Glastonbury, Cheddar Gorge, Oxford and Bristol are all within easy reach of Bath.
We're located about a mile from Bath. Frequent bus services link the campus, city and major student residential areas, so you are always connected to your work, your home and your social life when studying
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.