0.8 kilometres away in Cambridge
0.8 kilometres away in Manchester
1.1 kilometres away in Cambridge
2 kilometres away in Fulbourn
48.3 kilometres away in Harlow
55.7 kilometres away in Chelmsford
56.4 kilometres away in Chelmsford
63.2 kilometres away in Colchester
64.3 kilometres away in Kings Lynn
66.6 kilometres away in Colchester
Cambridge, United Kingdom
|No. Students:||31,000 (1,700 int'l)*||No. of Academic staff:||1,141|
|Type of education:|
|Location||Show on map|
* We offer relevant and practical degrees. Our courses are designed to be not only relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
* We've over 30,000 students, and are one of the largest universities in the East of England.
* We care about the environment and Fairtrade.
* We conduct world-leading research.In the Government's most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) for Higher Education Institutes we were the top-rated modern university for Psychology, 2nd for English Language & Literature (including contributions from Communication, Film and Media) and 3rd for History. Rated 'world-leading': 8 of our areas of research - Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology and Social Work; Social Policy & Administration had a proportion of their work rated as 'world-leading'.More than 30% of our submissions were rated as 'internationally excellent' or 'world-leading'.
* We've great facilities. Please check our 360 degree tours around our campuses in Cambridge and Chelmsford.
* We look to provide our graduates with future/employability skills. In 2009/10 we helped over 90% of our final year students into employment or further study.
* We care about our students. Our Student Services provide a range of academic guidance and professional services, including careers and personal and counselling support services.
* We take pride in making international students feel like at home. We were ranked top 3 in the UK for our Welcome, Arrival and Orientation Programme for new international students in the autumn 2010 International Student Barometer, an independent survey of current international students at UK universities.
* Our support doesn't end at graduation. We're in touch with over 60,000 alumni in more than 130 countries. Our former students include: Pink Floyd members Syd Barrett and David Gilmour CBE, Ronald Searle CBE (creator of St Trinian's), Peter Fluck and Roger Law (creators of Spitting Image), David Driver (Head of Design at The Times), Nicholas Crane (presenter of Coast and Great British Journeys), the Attorney General, Baroness Patricia Scotland and Lord Ashcroft KCMG, one of the outstanding businessmen of his generation.
Anglia Ruskin University has two modern campuses in two exciting cities Cambridge and Chelmsford each less than one hour away from London by train. Anglia Ruskins campuses are right in the centre of both cities, with state-of-the-art learning and recreational facilities available for all students.
We believe that a degree, both undergraduate and postgraduate, should not only enhance subject knowledge, but equip students with skills that will be used throughout their careers. The majority of the courses on offer at Anglia Ruskin University, particularly those at postgraduate level, are designed with global reach in mind, and focused towards real skills and knowledge that can be taken straight into the workplace, helping our students to achieve their career aspirations.
Anglia Ruskin University has invested over £80million in new state of the art teaching, learning and social spaces over the last five years, with a further £115million planned over the next five years. As well as impressive facilities, our campuses are also ranked 10th among UK universities in the Green League, a measure of current action and commitment to sustainability and minimising environmental impact.
Our University offers a range of scholarships for international students, including the International Merit Scholarship scheme, for which all applicants are automatically considered.The International Merit Scholarship scheme provides awards of either £500 or £1000 to well-qualified students applying for any full-time Bachelors or Masters course. Awards are made on the basis of academic merit and level of competence in English language
All of our courses are available with a September start date, and in addition a large number of courses at Anglia Ruskin now offer a start point in January each year, giving international students more flexibility in starting their studies.
Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Sciences
* The Skillsmark accreditation for the Legal Practice Course (LPC)
* The Health Professional Council accreditation for the MA Dramatherapy
* The Health Professional Council accreditation for the MA Music Therapy
Faculty of Science & Technology
* The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
* The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
* The Fully satisfying the educational base accreditation for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) for the BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
* The Chartered Institute of Building accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Construction Management
* The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
* The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Real Estate Management
* The Fully recognised by the Institute of Historic Building Conservation accreditation for the MSc Conservation of Buildings
* The Chartered Institute of Building and Royal Institution accreditation of Chartered Surveyors for the MSc Construction Management
* The Chartered Institute of Building and Royal Institution accreditation of Chartered Surveyors, also recognised by the Association for Project Management for the MSc Project Management
* The Chartered Institute of Building accreditation for the MSc Sustainable Construction
* The Royal Town Planning Institute accreditation for the MSc Town Planning
* The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and JAMES accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Audio and Music Technology
* The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation for the BEng (Hons) Electronics
* The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation for the HNC Engineering
* The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation for the BEng Mechanical Engineering
* The British Psychology Society accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Abnormal and Clinical Psychology
* The British Psychology Society accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Psychology
* The Institute of Biomedical Science accreditation for the BSc Biomedical Science
* The Institute of Biomedical Science accreditation for the MSc Biomedical Science
* The Forensic Science Society accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
* The Forensic Science Society accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Forensic Science (Extended Four Year Degree)
* The Forensic Science Society accreditation for the MSc Forensic Science
Faculty of Health, Social Care & Education
* The Nursing & Midwifery Council accreditation for the BSc (Hons) International Nursing Studies (with option of Overseas Nursing Programme)
* The Nursing & Midwifery Council accreditation for the MSc International Nursing Studies (with option of Overseas Nursing Programme)
* The Nursing & Midwifery Council accreditation for the MSc Medical & Healthcare Education
* College of Radiographers accreditation for the MSc Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Lord Ashcroft International Business School
* The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation for the BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance
* The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) accreditation for the BA (Hons) HRM
* The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) accreditation for the PG Dip/MA HRM
* The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) accreditation for the MA Corporate Governance
We've great facilities which include:
* a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit;
* 4 University Libraries (including an extensive Digital Library in addition to our on-site print collections);
* a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios;
* a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory;
* a University Eye Clinic;
* simulated hospital wards and operating theatres;
* bespoke counselling rooms;
* the 266 seat Mumford Theatre;
* 2 art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its groundbreaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford;
* a mock courtroom, for our Law students;
* a state-of-the-art Language Centre; and
* Multimedia Language Laboratories.
Anglia Ruskin is committed to offering the best possible support to international students. Please find below a list of all our services which we offer to our international students:
* Anglia Assessment Centre (AAC) - A Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) Quality Assurance Group-approved assessment centre where eligible students can have a DSA Assessment by our team of skilled assessors.
* Counselling and Wellbeing - A place where students can talk in confidence to a professional counsellor about any personal or university-related issues.
* Employability A place where students can find a help with finding temporary employment opportunities, CV advice, preparation for interview and help with finding work once graduate.
* Faculty Student Advice - A designated point of contact, where students can access friendly and professional help, advice and guidance during studies.
* iCentres - A first point of contact for any study related query where we aim to provide to our students with an answer as quickly as possible.
* International Student Advice - Offering range of free specialist services to our international students.
* Student Money Advice - Provide specialist knowledge on a range of student money related issues so that students can concentrate on their studies.
* Study Support - Provide services, support and advice for disabled students (including dyslexic students) and study skills support for all students.
* Nursery - A day-care nursery located in Peter Taylor House (Cambridge) for children aged three months to five years, providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children to develop and grow. In Chelmsford, Anglia Ruskin University is working closely with few nurseries and offers discounts to staff and students for their services.
* Students Union - An independent charity that supports students through university. You will become a part of this union as soon as you will become Anglia Ruskin student.
* Health During the semester a Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery is available for all our students at both campuses.
Chelmsford is a vibrant town, with plenty to keep you occupied. It has three theatres, an eight screen Odeon cinema, four nightclubs, including Dukes and The Bassment, and a number of late licence bars such as Edwards and Que Pasa - these can all be found in the High Street and West End areas of town. The High Chelmer and Meadows shopping centres will ensure that you have plenty of opportunity for some retail therapy, and an indoor market runs from Tuesday to Saturday each week - the perfect place to pick up a bargain or two. And don't forget - London is just 30 minutes away and trains run frequently throughout the day so it's quick and easy to visit the capital for shopping, tourism and culture. Further information about Chelmsford and the surrounding area:
* Chelmsford Borough Council
* BBC Essex
* Chelmsford Weekly News
* This is Total Essex
Cambridge is a very student-friendly destination and regarded as one of the most desirable places in the UK to live and study. The Grafton shopping centre is just a few minutes walk from the campus. The Grand Arcade shopping centre is a short ten minute walk away, as well as the daily markets which sell everything from fruit to vintage clothing. There is a wealth of restaurants ranging from Lebanese to Chinese close to the University, as well as a wide selection of bars and pubs. Cambridge has three cinemas, the ADC Theatre and The Junction which host live music, theatre and club nights, as well as the Mumford Theatre on the Anglia Ruskin Campus, which hosts a variety of events throughout the year. If you're a culture vulture there's plenty for you too. There are art galleries and museums including the world renowned Fitzwilliam College, with fabulous collections of artefacts. Anglia Ruskin also has our own art gallery, the Ruskin Gallery, which hosts a variety of exhibitions from student work to major artists.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge Campus!