London, United Kingdom
* One of the highest ranked universities in the UK and in the top ten universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings)
* Ranked third in the UK for world leading research (RAE 2008)
* 21 Nobel Prize winners from our former students and academic staff
* High quality education which includes the latest research and innovative approaches to learning
* Emphasis on small-group teaching, with an overall staff-student ratio of 1:10
* UCL is ranked 4th in the world's top universities by the QS World University Rankings 2012-13.
* Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic World Rankings places UCL 3rd best university in Europe.
* UCL's academic excellence and innovative approach have brought international recognition in the academic and business worlds, facilitating high-level joint ventures and networks including the Yale-UCL collaborative.
* UCL attracts students from 150 different countries.
* A dynamic and cosmopolitan atmosphere with around 30% students from outside the UK, from almost 140 different countries
* Internationally relevant curricula, ensuring that UCL students are educated for global citizenship and leadership
* Active exchange and research links with over 260 universities around the world
* Study abroad opportunities in many degree programmes
* Located on a compact site in the heart of London with extensive academic facilities on campus
* Proximity to unparalleled resources such as the British Library, museums, archives, cultural institutions and professional bodies
* Situated at the centre of one of the worlds most vibrant and exciting cities
Foundation for your future
* UCL graduates are sought after by top employers in the world. UCL was ranked 4th in the UK in The Guardian University Guide (2013) for employment prospects.
* The UCL Careers Office has a dedicated team to help students prepare for and secure work. As well as having expertise in the UK job market the Careers Office has specialists to help students find appropriate employment internationally.
* In 2011 more UCL students set up their own businesses on graduation than those from any other top 10 university in the UK.
* Graduates from London universities earn up to 25% more than their counterparts from other UK universities
* In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise, 62% of UCLs submissions were ranked at the highest grades of 4* (of world-leading quality), or 3* (internationally excellent), placing it third in the UK(RAE 2008 results).
* UCL attracts the second highest number of academic citations in the UK showing the high esteem and relevance of the institutions research (QS 2011).
* All of UCLs research, subject to permissions, is placed in Discovery UCLs online repository, available to everyone.
A UCL education
* UCL has the best academic to student ratio in the UK (1:10), enabling small class sizes and outstanding individual support (Times 2013).
* UCL has more professors than any other UK university, meaning our students get taught by the most highly qualified experts in their field (Higher Education Statistics Agency 2011).
* At 88%, UCL has one of the highest student satisfaction levels in the UK (National Student Survey 2011).
In 2005, UCL was granted the power to award its own degrees, and currently offers its students the choice between a UCL or a University of London degree.
UCL provides students with a wealth of services and facilities to meet their cultural, social, and leisure interests and their practical needs.
In addition to those facilities outlined below, the UCL Graduate School organises welcome events for new students, and lends its support to a number of postgraduate societies catering for a range of interests.
There is also a Postgraduate Association within the UCL Students Union, which represents graduate students both on UCL committees and in the Students Union.
Outstanding location and world class resources
* Our modern estate combines beautiful historic buildings with state-of-the-art facilities including the UCL Ear Institute's anechoic chamber. UCL holds specialised and unusual resources and equipment, including Europes only virtual financial trading floor in Computer Science.
* UCL continues its remarkable success in attracting funding. In 2011 UCL received the third highest allocation of Research Council UK funding and the third highest allocation of European Research Council starting grants.
* The UCL campus in Bloomsbury, central London, is surrounded by the greatest concentration of libraries, museums, and archives in Europe. You will be within walking distance from internationally renowned resources, such as the British Library. UCL's strong links with industrial and professional bodies based in the capital provide our students with great opportunities for career development.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at University College London (UCL)!