London, United Kingdom
* Location: City University London is located in Islington, close to the capitals leading financial, legal, media and medical institutions.
* Ranking: City University London is ranked 9th in the UK for graduate level jobs and 14th for graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times University Guide 2013)
City University London is a leading international university and the only university in London to be both committed to academic excellence and focused on business and the professions.
With skill and dedication, we have been delivering education, research and enterprise that transforms the lives of our students, our community and the world for over 100 years. We are proud of our position among the top 5% of universities in the world (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2012/13).
We are renowned for the employability of our graduates. Successfully combining academic and professional studies, the majority of our students gain a profession as well as an academic award.
We have exceptional links with business and the professions, with many of our courses accredited by professional bodies, ensuring they are relevant and enhance students employment prospects. City is ranked 9th in the UK for graduate level jobs and 14th for graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times University Guide 2013). Our students benefit from our close ties with some of the major London employers and our Career and Skills Development Service provides specialist careers advice and workshops to help with effective applications, successful interviews and presentation skills.
City University London is a special place. With skill and dedication, we have been using education, research and enterprise to transform the lives of our students, our community and the world for over a hundred years.
The University for business and the professions
We are a leading international university and the only university in London to be both committed to academic excellence and focused on business and the professions.
A highly-rated university
We are proud of the quality of our education, research and enterprise and of our high rankings in recent surveys. Our University is:
* Among the top five per cent of universities in the world (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2010/11)
* Ranked 10th in the UK for graduate employability (The Times University Guide 2011)
* Ranked 10th for graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times University Guide 2011).
Notably, the Financial Times rates our Sir John Cass Business School among the top three business schools in the UK and places our Executive MBA 10th in its worldwide rankings.
The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) identified 15 areas of academic activity where City's research was assessed as achieving world-leading quality in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
A vibrant international community
Our outlook is truly global. We welcome students, academics and professional staff from all around the world, work to international levels of research excellence and cultivate a growing network of international research partnerships.
Central London location
We are located in the heart of London, within easy reach of several central Underground stations and just a few stops from the British Library and the West End. We are minutes away from the Square Mile - London's world-famous financial district - and the headquarters of financial and professional institutions, major arts complexes and media offices, teaching hospitals and specialist medical research centres.
Since our foundation over a century ago, we have always enjoyed deep-rooted links with the City of London. The Lord Mayor of London is the Chancellor of the University, students attend their graduation ceremonies within the prestigious surroundings of Guildhall and many City of London livery companies are long-standing supporters of City.
However you like to spend your free time, student life at City offers a huge range of opportunities.
* Explore the local area City University London is in Islington, an area of central London that is known for its great cafés, bars and restaurants, theatres and arts venues.
* Live in central LondonWe are just a few Underground stops away from London's West End, the British Library and many free museums.
* Go shopping Islington is known for its creative, artisan shops. Head further afield and explore London's markets and the shopping areas of Oxford Street and Covent Garden.
* Go out We are in the heart of the Capital, so you won't have to go far to find new club nights, the latest films, and highly-rated dance, theatre, cabaret and comedy shows.
* Practise your faith Our Chaplaincy Service is open to people of all faith, and to those who simply wish to know more. We have quiet rooms for prayer and a separate room for Muslims.
* City's links with London We have a long-established link with the City of London and play an active role in the business and professional life of the capital.
* Sport at City The Students' Union organises a range of sporting activities and our sport and fitness specialists can advise you on wellbeing and sports facilities nearby.
* Clubs and societies We have clubs for engineers, entrepreneurs, chess lovers, electronic music enthusiasts and Russian speakers, among many others.
* Volunteering Make a difference to someone else's life and improve your own employability by volunteering with one of our partner organisations.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at City University London!