Hatfield, United Kingdom
|Type of education:|
|Location||Show on map|
Reasons to choose the University of Hertfordshire
We are proud of being a thriving and successful higher education provider.
Here are the top reasons why we hope you will get involved with the University of Hertfordshire:
* Business-facing ethos We are a new type of university -innovative, enterprising and business-facing with a commitment to adding value to employers, enterprise, regional and national economies.
* Courses delivered by professionals We offer a rich range of over 500 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Industry professionals teach on our courses and visiting lecturers provide valuable input. This keeps our courses up to date with industry developments, making the content fresh and forward looking.
* High calibre graduates We provide students with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving them the best chance of career success. Producing highly employable graduates is our priority at the University of Hertfordshire. We aim to be the university of choice for employers, with graduates who are in demand for their knowledge, skills and competence.
* International representation We are a truly international community. Our student body of more than 27,700 includes more than 2,900 students from overseas, representing more than 90 countries. The University has a global network of over 170,000 alumni.
* Research of international quality Our research institutes collaborate actively with academic, commercial and governmental organisations across the globe. The University is listed as one of the top 500 universities in the Shanghai Jiao Tong league table 2009. Over 85% of submitted research was judged to be of international quality in the 2008 RAE.
* StudyNet - our online learning environment StudyNet is available 24/7 on the web from any location. The application offers students a range of blended learning methods in an innovative e-learning environment.
* You can have it all We are just waiting to welcome you at the University of Hertfordshire where you can have it all!
Our world-class facilities make the University of Hertfordshire an outstanding place to study, live and work. As part of the University of Hertfordshire, you benefit from:
A self-contained, accessible campus It's a short walk between the two main sites of our single-campus, the state-of-the-art £120Million de Havilland site and College Lane.
Purpose-built facilities Our contemporary academic centres, social venues and accommodation have all been designed to enhance your learning experience.
Excellent study resources To support your learning experience, we offer:
* State-of-the-art technology, including networked electronic systems, hi-tech labs and ICT suites.
* Always-on learning: our award-winning Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, with 2900 study places and 1500 computer workstations.
* Innovative virtual learning: StudyNet connects students and university staff, offering online access to personalised course and study information.
* Cutting-edge facilities: one of the UKs best-equipped astronomical observatories, a flight simulator, wind tunnels, environmental and anechoic chambers, a simulated intensive care unit, creative studios and digital workshops.
Recreational opportunities Because its not all work, work, work at university, enjoy:
* Top sport: the Universitys on-campus Hertfordshire Sports Village offers outstanding sports and fitness facilities for all ages and abilities.
* Peak performances: the stunning 460-seat Weston Auditorium regularly stages acclaimed cultural and arts events.
* Going out on campus: Chill out with a drink and some good company at the Elehouse bar in the Students Union, or visit our £38m entertainment venue: The Forum Hertfordshire is a great place to meet, eat and have a night out with its choice of new bars, eateries and a mini-club.
There is much more to university than just studying. Its a great opportunity to broaden your horizons by meeting new people and discovering new interests.
The time of your life
However you want to spend your leisure time, youll be spoilt for choice at the University of Hertfordshire.
The Students Union is the hub of university life, with bars, regular live music and events throughout the year, including our famous Summer Ball - a chance to let your hair down at the end of term. With over fifty clubs and societies ranging from climbing to curry, youre sure to find an opportunity to indulge old passions or discover new ones.
Our entertainment venue, 'The Forum Hertfordshire', opened in September 2009. It provides an exciting contemporary venue with state-of-the-art equipment, club, bars, shopping and eateries. Discover more about the different nationalities represented at the University of Hertfordshire through the International Students Associations programme of cultural events and trips. If youre passionate about the arts, the Universitys own arts association, UHArts, runs a programme of comedy, dance and drama throughout the year.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at The University of Hertfordshire!