Inverness, United Kingdom
The University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) is the only university based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
UHI provides access to undergraduate and postgraduate study,and research opportunities through a distinctive educational partnership of colleges and research institutions (the UHI academic partners). Each academic partner has its own character and contributes to the distinctive organisation that is the University of the Highlands and Islands. Some are relatively large colleges in the urban centres of the region such as Perth, Elgin and Inverness. Others are smaller institutions, including some whose primary focus is on research. All, however, have a student-centred culture and an individual approach to student learning.
For students living in the region, UHI provides local access to learning and research relevant to their needs and to those of local employers. For students from beyond the region, UHI offers:
* Choice of campus locations in urban, rural and island communities
* Distinctive courses and subject areas reflecting the characteristics of the region and with relevance worldwide
* Extensive use of information technology, including online materials and video conferencing
* Small class sizes with a focus on the needs of the individual learner
* Welcoming communities, rich in culture and located in an area of outstanding natural beauty
* A huge range of courses available by online distance learning
In addition to the main campuses, UHI also provides educational opportunities through a network of more than 50 learning centres located throughout the Highlands and Islands, Moray and Perthshire.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at UHI Millennium Institute!