0 kilometres away in Nicosia
0 kilometres away in Nicosia
5.7 kilometres away in Nicosia
10.9 kilometres away in Nicosia
12 kilometres away in Nicosia
12.1 kilometres away in Nicosia
14.2 kilometres away in Nicosia
14.3 kilometres away in Nicosia
23.7 kilometres away in Larnaca
28.9 kilometres away in Kyrenia
* A diverse range of academic programmes of study, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels,, structured within the framework of the Bologna Accord.
* World class academic level, with particular strengths in Business, Medicine and Health Sciences, International Relations and European Studies, Architecture, and Engineering and Computing.
* Instruction at the University of Nicosia is in English.
* Cyprus provides an ideal setting for higher learning, as a major international education centre, attracting scholars and students from all over the world this cultural diversity makes it a forum for international understanding and peace.
* Cyprus is endowed with golden sandy beaches, virgin green forests and other natural wonders, with over 300 days of sunlight a year. It is also one of the healthiest environments in the world, with an almost non-existent crime rate.
* The cultural heritage of Cyprus mirrors its natural diversity, with ancient Greek temples, Roman amphitheaters, pre-historic settlements, Crusader castles, Venetian fortifications and Byzantine churches, all found within a days drive of each other.
The University of Nicosia is the leading private university in Cyprus, combining a dynamic student-oriented learning environment, with quality standards and an international philosophy. Located in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, an island that lies at the crossroads of three continents, the University of Nicosia has developed into a global education centre, hosting students from all over the world, in a multicultural learning environment, promoting friendship, cooperation and understanding.
The University of Nicosia pursues excellence in education through high teaching standards, in a continually improving academic environment. Besides classroom instruction, the University offers students opportunities to become involved in a whole range of activities, including student clubs and societies, sports, public lectures and seminars.
The University has adopted a proactive role in research, being actively involved in funded projects at the national, EU and international level, as both a partner and as a coordinating institution. Additionally, the University of Nicosia received approval for an Erasmus University Charter, while it is also an official participant in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
The University of Nicosia is also actively engaged in the community, with campaigns for various causes, including environmental protection. In recognition of this work, the institution received the prestigious Global 500 award from the United Nations. The University of Nicosia is committed to maintaining its position at the forefront of education, research and social service, in line with the enduring motto of the institution: Excellence in Education.
All University of Nicosia Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees are accredited by the Republic of Cyprus, following an independent evaluation by the Evaluation Committee for Private Universities (ECPU).
This confirms the status and standard of the Universitys degrees within the country and abroad, and is indicative of the quality and standards maintained by the university.
The University of Nicosias Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees are fully recognized and structured within the framework of the Bologna Accord. The University is a member of the European Universities Association (EUA), the European Foundation for Quality Management, and Erasmus, while it is one of a few universities in the European Union that have been awarded with both the European Commission Diploma Supplement (DS) Label and the ECTS Label.
Awards and Recognitions
The University of Nicosia has distinguished itself on multiple fronts earning prestigious awards and recognitions, such as:
* the United Nations "Global 500" Award, for its contribution in the protection and improvement of the environment
* establishing the first UNESCO Chair in Cyprus, for the promotion of cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue.
* being honoured by the Cyprus Employers and Industrialists Federation (OEB) with two entrepreneurial Excellence Awards, including the Excellence Award in Educational Services
* a Gold Medal in Business Ethics Excellence (BEE) by the European Business Ethics Network (EBEN), in recognition of its sound corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
* being recognized by the European Commission, by being awarded with an Erasmus University Charter
* it remains the only private university in Cyprus to receive the European Commission Diploma Supplement Label and the ECTS Label and among a select few European universities to hold both these distinctions.
* the only non-state university in Cyprus that is a member of the European University Association (EUA).
The University of Nicosia campus facilities include 71 classrooms, 13 amphitheaters, 5 conference rooms, 25 computer labs and several other specialized labs, servicing the needs of its design, communication, TV and radio, music, language, engineering, culinary arts, hotel management, life and health sciences, psychology and education programmes.
The University campus consists of 15 buildings in total and includes a 90,000 volume library. It is located in a high-end residential neighbourhood in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The campus is also equipped with a restaurant, 2 cafeterias, an open-air amphitheatre, a bookstore, a copy-centre, a movie-theatre, a games room and a gym that is open daily and is free of charge for all staff and students. The cafeteria and Training Restaurant offer meals, beverages, snacks and recreational facilities, constituting a congenial place for students to meet between and after classes.
The University of Nicosia's movie theatre, Cine Studio, is one of the best theatres in Nicosia, with comfortable seats and a state of the art film projector and stereo system. It screens arthouse films for students and staff, hosting a number of foreign language film festivals, and is also open to the public at large. The University of Nicosia has a distributed LAN-based computing environment and WiFi service is available in many parts of the Nicosia campus. Computer labs also are available for student Internet use.
Students are based in Nicosia, the vibrant and modern capital of the Republic of Cyprus, located in the centre of the island. Nicosia is a safe and accessible city of about 270,000 inhabitants. It combines a medieval "Old City", filled with rich Greek, Venetian and Ottoman monuments, with a thriving, cosmopolitan "New City", attuned to the latest European business and fashion trends.
Old Nicosia is enclosed within Venetian fortifications, built in the 16th century by the then rulers of the island. Even though Nicosia has grown way beyond its medieval boundaries, these walls still contain the cultural centre of the city and the quaint streets are filled with museums, cafés, music bars, restaurants, art galleries and cobbled roads.
New Nicosia, which developed outside the walls, is the political, economic and educational centre of Cyprus, and presents many opportunities for site visits and program activities. It also has lively shopping, restaurant and nightlife areas for students to explore. The standard of living in Nicosia is on par with other similar cities in southern European countries and English is widely spoken. Nicosia has a large university community of over ten thousand local and international students and most students blend in and make friends easily. Lastly, the central location of Nicosia makes it a great base to explore all the fantastic beach and mountain towns of Cyprus.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at University of Nicosia!