0 kilometres away in Nicosia
0 kilometres away in Nicosia
5.7 kilometres away in Nicosia
8.3 kilometres away in Nicosia
10.9 kilometres away in Nicosia
12 kilometres away in Nicosia
12.1 kilometres away in Nicosia
14.3 kilometres away in Nicosia
23.7 kilometres away in Larnaca
28.9 kilometres away in Kyrenia
* Reputation The University of Nicosia is the leading independent university in Cyprus; the result of solid and systematic work by all, administration, faculty and staff, as well as, the total contribution of the institution to tertiary education, not only in Cyprus but also in the region. It is the culmination of an ongoing journey, which began over 30 years ago, and has established the University as a leading tertiary education provider in Cyprus in line with the enduring motto of the institution: Excellence in Education.
* Member of the European University Association The University of Nicosia is the only private/non-state university in Cyprus to have joined the ranks of other select universities worldwide, as a member of the European University Association (EUA). The EUA is a pan-European platform for universities, whose mission is to serve as the voice of Europes universities, so as to influence the outcomes of European-level policy debates on issues that will have an impact both at national level, on the work of national university associations, and for the associations individual member universities. Equally, EUA looks to support its members in understanding and responding to these developments in an ever-more complex and competitive global environment. As a member university of EUA, the University of Nicosia has fully adopted and works towards the Associations key priorities
* University of Nicosia receives EU Diploma Supplement Label The University of Nicosia was among 54 other universities in Europe to receive the European Commission Diploma Supplement Label, in recognition of its efforts to provide every graduate a standardized document with their diploma, automatically and free of charge, describing the nature and content of their studies. In this way, the Diploma Supplement aims to make it easier for graduates to find jobs on the international labor market.
* University of Nicosia shares what works as EFQM MemberThe University of Nicosia has already started its Journey towards Excellence by participating in the EFQMs Levels of Excellence scheme and achieving the Committed to Excellence recognition in 2006 (as Intercollege, at the time). The Universitys dual motto, Students First and Excellence in Education, have guided our actions towards the continuous improvement of student services and the enrichment of the learning experience. As an EFQM Member since 2010, the University of Nicosia is committed to maintaining its position at the forefront of education, research and social service in line with the enduring motto of the institution: Excellence in Education. To this end, we strongly believe that the Fundamental Concepts of Excellence are the underlying principles towards achieving Sustainable Excellence.
* Medical Programme The University of Nicosia is the first University in Cyprus, which has established their Medical School. St. George's, University of London, one of the leading medical schools in the United Kingdom, and the University of Nicosia, the largest private university in Cyprus, have joined forces to offer the St George's graduate-entry 4-year MBBS (Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery) programme in Cyprus.
* Distance learning programmes Students can choose from self-study, on-line, tutorial, workshops, or a combination of modes that provide such Blended Learning, aimed at fitting ones personal learning style.
* The Events and Activities Office The Events and Activities Office organizes various types of student events and activities such as Awards Ceremonies, Blood Donations, Charity Events, Christmas Gala Dinners, Dance Classes, Graduation Dinners, International Spring Festivals, Music Festivals, Seminars, Talent Shows, Documentaries Screening, etc.
* Scholarships Financial Aid The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of merit scholarships, need-based assistance, athletics scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
* Location Cyprus is a highly developed country with a rapidly growing economy, while it is also, since 1 May 2004, a member of the European Union. At the same time, it is geographically located in the Eastern Mediterranean, at the boundary between the European Union, North Africa and Asia, and so its rich history and cultural heritage bears the marks of its position at the crossroads of civilizations. The University of Nicosia is located in Nicosia, capital of Cyprus.
* Study in English The official language of instructions at the University is English
* International Student Support The International Student Support serves all incoming and currently enrolled international students at the University. It supports them and promotes interaction with and integration into the University of Nicosia community and the Cypriot society at large.
* Careers The Careers Office at the University of Nicosia has been established to make students more aware of their professional choices, explore career opportunities, and develop their skills to achieve their full potential.
* Small classes The average class size is 15-20 students
* Academic Advising Each student receives planning and academic advice from the academic advisors, the Head of Department and the Programme Coordinator. The academic officer/advisor assists students in pre-registration and registration, counsels them with regard to the students schedule and degree requirements.
* Teaching 95% of the faculties have the PhD Degree
* Flexible Academic Format The University of Nicosia introduce model of the American system of education.
* Technical equipment There are 16 computer laboratories in total equipped with state-of-the-art PC or Mac computers, which are updated every 2 years. All the computers are connected to the Local Area
* Library The University of Nicosia has a well-equipped library with 95,000 books of the collection. It gives access to local, national and international sources including the online catalogue
Excellence in Education
The University of Nicosia is an independent, co-educational, equal opportunity tertiary education institution, combining the best elements in western education, quality standards and an international philosophy.
Located in Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, an island which lies at the cross-roads of three continents, the University has quickly become a global education centre. International in philosophy, the University hosts students from all over the world, in a multicultural learning environment, promoting friendship, cooperation and understanding.
The University pursues excellence in education through high teaching standards, in a continually improving academic environment. Besides classroom instruction, the University offers students opportunities to become involved in a whole range of activities including student clubs, sports, public lectures and seminars.
The University is actively involved in European and local research projects as a partner and as a coordinating institution. Additionally, the University of Nicosia received approval for an Erasmus University Charter and is an official participant in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The University of Nicosia is also actively involved in the community with campaigns for various causes, including environmental protection. In recognition of this work the institution received the prestigious Global 500 award from the United Nations. Other examples of community service include campaigns for fighting world hunger and raising funds for worthy causes. In an ongoing project, professors help prison inmates acquire knowledge and skills in Computing, Art and Psychology.
Academic tradition encourages the majority of the worlds universities to adopt the name of the city which hosts them. Indeed, this occurs almost as a rule when the city in question happens to be the capital city. The University of Nicosia is proud of the ties and status which its name conveys. To this end, the University is committed to maintaining its position at the forefront of education, research and social service; in line with the enduring motto of the institution: Excellence in Education.
All University of Nicosia Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degrees are accredited by the Republic of Cyprus, following an independent evaluation by the Evaluation Committee for Private Universities (ECPU). This confirms the status and standard of the Universitys degrees within the country and abroad, and is indicative of the quality and standards maintained by the university.
The Student Affairs Department in addition to the services it provides through its several offices, it also offers the students services such as:
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE (In cooperation with the Admissions Office)
The Student Success Centre assists students in achieving their academic goals through tutorial services.
Tutoring Math, Chemistry and Writing Labs
Peer tutors provide academic support and guidance to students for their maths, chemistry and writing skills. Students receive the personal attention they deserve to ensure their success. The Math and Chemistry Labs provides students with free one-to-one tutoring help. Please note that the Math and Chemistry Labs tutors are peers who will assist students to the best of their abilities. The Writing Lab helps students by offering free, individualized help in the process of developing written assignments in all disciplines. Trained tutors (undergraduate students and instructors in the English Department) talk to students on a one-to-one basis and offer constructive feedback intended to help students become comfortable with writing and improve their writing practices.
COUNSELLING(In cooperation with the Center for Therapy Training and Research - KESY)
New students may have difficulties adjusting. Some may face loneliness or relationship problems; others may face uncertainty about choices or anxiety before exams. Such concerns may vary, both in nature and degree. Whatever their source, it is likely that they will undermine a students ability to study or manage life effectively. Student Counsellors provide sympathetic support and informed advice, helping students to develop independence, discover their own resources and find their way through their difficulties. Counselling is available upon student request at the Center for Therapy Training and Research (KESY) which can be reached at tel.: 22 795100 or through the Student Affairs Department.
All students may use the following address in order to receive their mail at the University as the Department of Student Affairs keeps students mail for two months. University of Nicosia(Students Name)46, Makedonitissas AvenueP.O. Box 240051700 Nicosia, Cyprus
The Fax service is free of charge to all students.
The Student Affairs Department is responsible for approving and placing all posters and notices on the Bulletin Boards, located at various locations on campus.
LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
All lost and found items are reported and handed in to the Student Affairs Department.
International Student Support
The International Student Support serves all incoming and currently enrolled international students at the University. It supports them and promotes interaction with and integration into the University of Nicosia community and the Cypriot society at large.
The Careers Office at the University of Nicosia has been established to make students more aware of their professional choices, explore career opportunities, and develop their skills to achieve their full potential.
Student life is an integral part of university education, offering students unique prospects for personal growth, as well as development of leadership and communication skills. At the same time, it provides opportunities for cooperation, team work, social interaction and intercultural understanding. To this end, the Department of Student Affairs is committed to enrich the university experience and promote a full and active student life.
For most of you this is the first time away from your homes and families. Along with the feeling of excitement which comes with every adventure and new beginning you also feel the increased responsibility you have taken on. Along with these concerns there is also the feeling of homesickness that students need to tackle. Feeling homesick is common and perfectly normal for all students that choose to pursue their studies away from home.
All of us here at the University of Nicosia, both faculty and staff, understand all the difficulties and concerns students are faced with trying to adapt to a new culture and way of life. We have thus taken steps into ensuring that your transition into your new way of life takes place as smoothly as possible.
Clubs and Societies
The Student Affairs Office in cooperation with our large community of International Students have created numerous student societies and clubs. Each year the different societies carry out various events throughout the year to honor and introduce their culture to the rest of the campus. Such events include music, dance and food from each country. Some student societies include the African society, Indian society, Pakistani society, Iranian society, Chinese society and many more. For those students that possess the initiative and interest, they can form their own societies or clubs.
The aim of such events is not only to introduce each countrys culture but also to help students get in touch and acquainted with other students from their home countries but also from many other countries. By becoming involved in the student life on campus, students are able to bond and form friendships which help to overcome their homesickness and feel more at home.
Also, our students are given the opportunity to participate in the various university sports teams such as soccer, basketball, handball etc. This is an excellent way to stay fit and active and also develop a good network of friends. For those students not interested in becoming fully active in the sports teams then participating in one or more of the sports tournaments that are taking place may be what you need.