The University Of Wales, Newport was found in 1841. Students from 70 countries all over the worls study here. The mission of the university is to make a successful individual and community by providing high quality teaching and research. There are two campuses: one in Caerleon on the northern outskirts of the city and another is on the banks of the River Usk in Newport city centre. Quality teaching ranked the University 55th out of 132 universities in UK. In 1841, it was a mechanics Institute. Later it was named as Gwent College of Higher Education by the Caerleon College of Education. It was affiliated by the University of Wales in 1992 and became a University college in 1996.It began using the title University of Wales, Newport in 2004. The Degrees here are: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Part-time and Professional, Short Courses. The university opened a new campus in 2011 and it cost £35 million. There are about 10000 students and 700 staffs in this University.