|No. Students:||24,625 (5,000 int'l)*||No. of Academic staff:||2,508|
|Type of education:|
|Location||Show on map|
* UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD) is one of Europes leading research-intensive universities where postgraduate masters and PhD training, research, innovation and community engagement form a dynamic continuum of activity
* UCD is Irelands leader in postgraduate education with almost 7,000 postgraduate students, representing approximately 28% of the UCD student population, and almost 2,000 PhD students.
* UCD is Ireland's most International University. There are currently 4000 International students enrolled, representing 115 countries.
* UCD is the national leader in research funding, attracting quality investment that has helped the university to establish a reputation as a world-class destination for leading researchers.
* UCD is an integral part of Dublin, capital city of Ireland and gateway to Europe. The campus covers 132 hectares.
* For over 150 years, UCD has produced graduates of remarkable distinction including famous surgeons, writers (e.g., James Joyce) architects, entrepreneurs and five of Ireland's taoisigh.
Through its seven Colleges, University College Dublin offers Irelands most diverse range of graduate opportunities. Programmes are lead by academic experts and offer students unparalleled choice at all levels. UCD offers taught masters, higher diplomas and certificate programmes in a range of disciplines. Taught programmes are available across our seven Colleges:
* UCD College of Agriculture, Food Science & Veterinary Medicine
* UCD College of Arts & Celtic Studies
* UCD College of Business & Law
* UCD College of Engineering & Architecture
* UCD College of Health Sciences
* UCD College of Human Sciences
* UCD College of Science
These courses are modularised to facilitate access, continuing professional development and life-long learning.
UCD is a national leader in attracting quality investment and research funding enabling the university to establish a reputation as a destination of choice for leading researchers. UCD continues to forge exciting educational, research and commercial partnerships and collaborations with academic, community, business and professional organisations.
In addition to the seven colleges, there are specialist centres and institutes involved in pioneering research in areas of global consequence.
University College Dublin is currently ranked within the top 1% of institutions world-wide by the Times Higher Education rankings.
On our two campuses, and in our numerous associated research and teaching institutions, we provide world-class teaching, learning and research facilities. We have many well-resourced libraries and extensive computing facilities. The university is rapidly moving forward in the area of e-learning, and you will find a plethora of resources to support your learning available electronically both on and off campus. We also provide excellent student health, welfare and counselling services.
The main campus of UCD is situated at Belfield, a 132 hectare site 4 km south of the centre of Dublin city. This campus is an attractively landscaped complex of modern architectural buildings, accommodating most of the Colleges and Schools of the University as well as its student residences and numerous leisure and sporting facilities.
Facilities on campus include:
* Banking Facilities
* Numerous Food Outlets
* Photopcopying, Printing, Stationery Services
* Bike shop
* Health Centre
The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is located at the Blackrock campus, approximately two miles from Belfield. The picturesque Blackrock campus is located on the former Carysfort Park Estate and is now home to the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
Ireland has a rich history of cultural and scientific excellence. It is the international gateway to Europe, an English-speaking country that is full of natural beauty and is the chosen location for 13 of the worlds top 15 multinational companies. It has a young, highly-educated population, and is home to some of the worlds leading researchers.
"If Dublin didnt ever exist, some mad, wonderful genius would have invented it!"
Dublin is as old as the hills that surround it, and as young as you want it to be. The nurturing place of James Joyce, Beckett, the Chieftains, U2 , Riverdance and more artists and writers than you could count. Its the capital city of the country with the youngest and best educated population in Europe. Few capital cities combine art, learning, culture, fringe and enterprise in such a small area. Part of Dublins charm is its friendly scale. You can walk across it in an hour, if you dont meet someone on the way!
Dublin is renowned for its pubs of course, but its the cafes, clubs and nightlife that make it a magnet for people who want something a bit more interesting to do with their time out. And youre never far from the sea or the countryside.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at University College Dublin!