* boasts one of the best graduate employment records of any Irish university and is the fastest growing Irish university.
* is the ONLY university outside North America to be included in the Princeton Reviews Best Colleges guidebook. First included in 2012, and maintaining that status in 2013.
* has strong ties to industry working with over 50 multinational companies on research projects, providing guest speakers, seminars, internships, and work placements.
* was ranked number one out of all Irish universities in a 2011 International student survey for the quality of academic teaching and learning, student experience and with very good results for student support services also.
* counts two Nobel Peace Prize winners among the alumni and current academics.
* is the top institution in the Republic of Ireland regarding research income won per academic and has the most successful record in commercialisation of research among all the Irish Universities.
* offers a wide variety of degree programmes, including specialised subjects such as immunology, climatology, product design, music technology, and the only anthropology department in the Republic of Ireland.
* welcomes students from over 90 countries, and enjoys a reputation for friendliness which ensures all international students feel comfortable and accepted during their time here.
* the only higher education institution in Ireland to break the 90 percent mark in a table showing the level of academic staff with PhD qualifications. In addition, 98 per cent of full time academic staff at Maynooth University hold a Masters degree or a PhD level qualification.
* was the only Irish university to rise in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2011.
Maynooth University is located in the historical setting of the town of Maynooth, with a medieval castle at the gates of the university a safe, peaceful and beautiful environment. Situated just 25km/15 miles west of Dublin, Irelands capital city, students can enjoy easy and frequent access into Dublin by rail, bus and road. The Campus of Maynooth University is divided across the South campus, an older complex of fine nineteenth century buildings, and the North campus, a modern complex of teaching, research, accommodation, and support facilities.
Maynooth is also located in Irelands silicon valley, home to European headquarters of many multi-national companies such as Intel, Facebook, Microsoft and Google. Maynooth University strong links with industry provide work placement and internships in many undergraduate and postgraduate programs. These opportunities allow students to apply their studies and research in the real world, and create employment opportunities for graduates.
Maynooth University is a student-friendly university. Academic staff are always available to meet with students and provide extra support, with an open-door policy on campus. Maynooth University was voted the friendliest university in Ireland by over 10,000 students in a 2011 national survey. Maynooth University is the first and only university outside North America to be included in the Princeton Reviews Best Colleges guidebook. First included in the 2012 edition, Maynooth University maintains this status in the 2013 edition, chosen for the combination of excellent academic record and the dynamic, student-friendly environment that enables Maynooth University to offer the best of both worlds to students and identifies the university as a world-class institution.
In a 2011 international student survey undertaken in all the Irish universities, Maynooth University was ranked first overall in Ireland for student experience and the quality of academic teaching and learning, with very good results for student support services also. The survey showed that more international students at Maynooth University are likely to highly recommend Maynooth to fellow students than those studying at the other Irish universities.
Maynooth University was established under the 1997 Universities Act as an autonomous member of the federal structure known as the National University of Ireland.
In the past two years, Maynooth Universityhas built a new postgraduate teaching and research building, a new restaurant facility, new accommodation for students, and launched a 20million investment that will double the size of the existing library facilities.
Facilities on-campus include numerous computer rooms, state-of-the-art newly extended library, student common room, restaurant (seats 750), bank, convenience store, cafe. Sport facilities include a gym (free of charge), swimming pool, 2 indoor sports halls, a weights room, changing rooms, three natural turf playing fields and an all-weather playing pitch with floodlights.
Maynooth University have established a number of support mechanisms to promote the welfare of all our students, and to help them overcome any difficulties encountered during their time at university. Experienced staff are available through a range of services to provide advice, support and guidance, if and when you need it.
In addition to the support provided by the International Office, all students have access to the many Student Services offered on campus. These services assist students during their time at Maynooth University and ensure that any difficulties that arise do not affect the students' success in university. These include Academic Advisory Office, Career Development Centre, Disability Office, Chaplaincy, Residence Office, Medical Centre (free of charge), Counselling (free of charge), Security and Health and Safety.
Maynooth University is known for its student-friendly environment within which students can learn and develop, while also ensuring that all students have an experience that will benefit them not just academically, but personally. Located in a town with a population of 10,700, provides students with a unique and thriving community within which to live. Maynooth is a charming and busy town with many shops, cafes, public transport options and general services, and home to a vibrant local community that offers students abundant opportunities to enjoy a very enjoyable social life.
Situated within an easy commute to Dublin, the capital and largest city in Ireland, Maynooth is Ireland's only university town. It combines the historical legacy of its medieval origins with a present day location on the fringes of Dublin.
The university gives the town of Maynooth a vibrant feel. The small town has a pretty tree-lined main street with stone-fronted houses and shops and theres easy access to the Royal Canal.
On-campus, the Students Union is the life blood of the university. The Student Union represents students interests on campus, aiming to promote and protect student rights and interests, while creating a vibrant and involved community of students.
Maynooth University has over 100 active clubs (sporting) and societies (non-sporting), providing plenty of opportunities for students to get involved in social, cultural and sporting events. The clubs and societies are run by students for students. As well as enhancing student life, they offer a chance to develop skills such as team work, event planning and financial planning. They are also a great way to have fun, keep fit, meet people and make new friends. International students are warmly welcomed to get involved.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at Maynoooth University!