65.5 kilometres away in Amiens
66.9 kilometres away in Paris
68.6 kilometres away in Paris
70.1 kilometres away in Paris
70.6 kilometres away in Paris
71 kilometres away in Paris
71.8 kilometres away in Paris
79.4 kilometres away in Gif-sur-Yvette
89.9 kilometres away in Paris
137 kilometres away in Lille
* UTCs main missions are education, research and transfer of technology.
* It is well integrated within the European system of higher education and it has pursued, since its creation, an ambitious international policy.
* Throughout its history it has remained innovating, imaginative and a model for change, responding to environmental stakes and industrial needs.
* UTC's objectives are to train students who will manage successfully the interactions between technology, man and society in a globally competitive environment while at the same time making sustainable development a priority to guarantee excellent thematic research geared towards the issues of our environment and supported by a collective commitment to interdisciplinary research.
UTC is a public institution specialized in science and technology. It was created in 1972 as a new model in the French higher education system.
This experiment aimed at bridging the gap between :
* the elite school system (Grandes Ecoles) and the standard universities
* the higher education institutions and industry
UTCs main missions are education, research and transfer of technology. It is well integrated within the European system of higher education and it has pursued, since its creation, an ambitious international policy. Its model has been duplicated in France in the cities of Troyes ( UTT) and Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM) and abroad in China (Shanghai) and Chile (Vina del Mar).
UTC interacts with society and industry by anticipating the research's requirements of companies and by facilitating the professional insertion of its students, thanks to its educational values based on students' autonomy and its interdisciplinary research.
UTCs identity and policy placed it in the avant garde of progress, a position it has held for 35 years. Throughout its history it has remained innovating, imaginative and a model for change, responding to environmental stakes and industrial needs.
* the development of the individual
* interdisciplinary research
* an international exposure with an intercultural approach
UTC's objectives are to train students who will manage successfully the interactions between technology, man and society in a globally competitive environment while at the same time making sustainable development a priority to guarantee excellent thematic research geared towards the issues of our environment and supported by a collective commitment to interdisciplinary research
Fully accredited engineering and master programs by French Ministry of Higher Education.
The campus has several locations in Compiègne providing students and researchers with an up to date environment and facilities such as research labs, conference centers, health clubs, restaurants...
Quality of life only 45 minutes from Paris: UTC is located in the city of Compiègne in France. Compiègne is approximately 45 minutes from Paris by train and 45 minutes from Charles de Gaulle International Airport by car. Compiègne is a city of 60 000 inhabitants, in a historically rich area and surrounded by a forest of 15 000 ha.
There are 60 cultural and sport clubs or associations within UTC (music, photography, theatre, football, basketball, rowing, aerobics, etc.), some of which have expanded their network to other European countries.
Most students practice a sport at UTC through one of its two organizations :
* The University Service for Physical & Sports Activities (SUAPS) is responsible for the general organization of sports (including leisure activities) and PE courses.
* UTC Sports Association (UTC Sport) allows competition at varsity level or in national federations.
Practicing sports or a physical activity is not compulsory, but is strongly encouraged. Approximately 75% of all students practice some kind of physical activity. Students who want to do competitive sports have to plan their class schedule to be free on Thursday afternoon which is the official half-day set aside for competitions.
The most popular clubs and associations
* The Student Union (BDE) which represents the student body towards the university management and supervizes most students' clubs and associations
* ESPERANTO which is the club for all international students facilitating their integration within UTC and the French society
* OBJECTIFS focuses mainly on humanitarian, technological and sports projects
* FIL is the students' newspaper
* COMET takes care of all the equipment and material needed during students' events
* PIC'ASSO is the students' bar
* UTC CITIZENSHIP proposes debates about current issues and topics
* ETUVILLE organizes the university's annual gala
* COMUTEC organizes the annual forum between students and companies
* STRAVAGANZA is the classical music band
* USEC proposes jobs to students
* ISF "Engineers without frontiers" is a local group of an engineering students NGO carrying humanitarian technological projects abroad
* GRAF'HIT is the student radio
* COULISSES is an association that federates all artistic and cultural activities
* FESTUPIC is a one week annual festival taking place in Compiegne (dancing, theatre, music, etc.)
* A MUSICAL PLAY entirely organized and played by students takes place every two years at the Compiegne Imperial Theatre
* NUMEO is a 3 day annual festival focusing on short film animation
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at University of Technology Compiegne!