Below, you will find a list with the top 5 English-speaking countries, offering the most English-taught postgraduate degree courses and the first 3 universities in the country with the most extensive study options.
With such a great variety of Master’s study options, you’ll have great chances to find the right option to meet your own educational needs. The universities have been selected from the top 1,000 Webometrics university rankings, so you’re in good hands!
Benefits of studying in a university with a lot of international degrees
First of all, let’s figure out why it’s so important to study in a university full of international degrees. For instance, you will find there:
- More specialised study options and richer degree course selection;
- A multicultural student community;
- Teachers with international experience and ability to adapt to multicultural classes;
- Diverse student services;
- Libraries with extensive English study materials;
- University locations more likely to meet recreational needs of students, and with more entertainment options.
Top 5 English-speaking countries offering the most Master’s courses
1. The United States (253 universities in top 1,000, offering 14,933 English-taught Master’s degrees)
The United States is the biggest English degree course provider worldwide, promising international students fair employment and successful career outcomes. The universities you should check out are:
- Kent State University – 215 courses, rank 501 – 600 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University of Arizona – 119 courses, rank 161 in THE Rankings 2018.
Of course, other great options for you, even though they aren’t ranked, are universities like:
2. The United Kingdom (64 universities in top 1,000, offering 9,701 English-taught Master’s degrees)
The UK is one of the most popular international student destinations in the world, well known for its advanced learning methods, high research investment, and advanced student facilities.
- The University of Edinburgh – 338 courses, rank 27 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University of Kent – 239 courses, rank 301-350 in THE Rankings 2018;
- The University of Manchester – 307 courses, rank 54 in THE Rankings 2018.
3. Australia (31 universities in top 1,000, offering 2,446 English-taught Master’s degrees)
Australia is a growing international student destination, providing increasingly attractive study options, thanks to generous government investments.
- University of Tasmania – 162 courses, rank 301-350 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University of Queensland – 66 courses, rank 65 in THE Rankings 2018.
- Charles Darwin University – 38 courses, rank 301 - 350 in THE Rankings 2018.
4. Canada (34 universities in top 1,000 offering, 1,700 English-taught Master’s degrees)
Canada is a beautiful place to study and, along with high-quality education and friendly locals, it has made its way in top international university rankings.
- University of Toronto – 112 courses, rank 22 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University of British Columbia – 142 courses, rank 34 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University of Saskatchewan – 56 courses, rank 401–500 in THE Rankings 2018.
5. The Republic of Ireland (6 universities in top 1,000, offering 664 English-taught Master’s degrees)
Ireland is a safe country, with friendly, playful people, whose creative culture will be noticed in the higher education study environment.
- Trinity College Dublin – 139 courses, rank 117 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University College Dublin – 167 courses, rank 201-250 in THE Rankings 2018;
- University College Cork – 96 courses, rank 351-400 in THE Rankings 2018.
Now that you know what Master’s degrees are out there, you should start preparing for admission by looking up all IELTS locations and test dates worldwide.
So, as always, good luck, and never forget to have fun!