The program offers graduate assistantships to all admitted students, providing both funding and a variety of professional development and teach opportunities.Learning Outcomes
The Masters degree in English builds upon the skills acquired as an undergraduate:
• Read, interpret, and write about a diverse range of texts in English, for example literature, film, digital media, and popular culture.
• Understand those texts analytically and critically.
• Understand those texts on the basis of careful close reading.
• Understand those texts through past and current literary theory.
• Understand that those texts are culturally constructed in time, place, and tradition.
• Understand how those texts inform culture.
• Participate in the critical and cultural discourses of English.
• Participate clearly and appropriately through multiple spoken and written forms.
26 Hours of Course Work and 4 Hours of Thesis Research
All coursework must be at the 5000 level. With the permission of their advisor, students may take four credit hours outside of the department to meet their program requirements.
This programme requires students to demonstrate proficiency in English.Book IELTS
StudyPortals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Testimonial Registration Module
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, StudyPortals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.