The ELA-NCC International Foundation Year offers direct progression pathways to UK universities for students who wish to study Business, IT, Engineering, Economics, Finance or Law at undergraduate or post graduate level.
ELA also provides accommodation with English speaking families & hosts, allowing you to Speak and Listen to English all day long.
UNIVERSITY PREPARATION COURSES
You can start our University Pre-Foundation courses (University Preparation – Lower or Higher) at any time of year.
What will I study?
- You will study in a general English group for three hours per day, developing your understanding and ability to use English by participating in topic-based General English morning classes. Then in the afternoons you will study with other prospective university students for two hours. With our experienced, friendly qualified teachers and our dynamic classes, you will expand your academic speaking, reading, writing and listening skills. We will also help you to begin to prepare for TOEFL, PTE or IELTS tests, by looking at exam questions and strategies and trying timed practice tests. As a pre-foundation student, you will also benefit from our guided e-learning learning at home and in small classes, individual tutorials and our excellent modern facilities. You can also choose to have extra private tuition for IELTS, PTE or TOEFL.
All of our EAP courses are:
- Taught by post graduate teachers who have attended university in the UK or abroad.
- Course-book based.
- Cover transferable study skills.
- Are delivered using cutting edge techniques.
- Taught in a maximum group size of 12 students.
What level should I be?
- If you are below B1 level you must first join our general English program to improve your English. There is no point in trying to study academic English yet. Most students can go from A2-B1 in about 8-12 weeks. You are tested every Friday morning so you will always be aware of your current progress. If you pass 3 weekly tests will 65% or more you may request a move to the upper level.